Saturday, October 2, 2010

Flowers for Her Garden


Driving past the garden nursery today I caught a glimpse of an older lady picking through a rack of flowers. The sight wasn't unusual. This woman deciding what would go into her flower bed wasn't my interest. What spoke to me was that she was doing this all alone. This made me realize that one day my kids will be grown and I too will make those trips, which presently consist of several rambunctious children, all alone. It was a reminder to me, that no matter how frustrated and tiring being a mother can be at times, it will always be trumped by having to let them go one day. I'm holding onto the time I have now and not taking one moment for granted. When the times aren't so sweet, I'll just think about that lady at the nursery and remember how great I really do have it.  I love my sweet babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment