Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's All About the Name

So I contacted my name sake today....This is what I wrote to the "contact us" on their site, The Hemphill's

Hi.  My name is L'Briska and I am 31 years old.  My grandmother is a very big fan of the Hemphill's and named me after Lebreeska Hemphill.  I have told the story to so many whom have asked where the name came from, but never really sat down to research the woman who I was named after.  My mother changed the spelling of it to L'Briska (not legally) when she submitted for my social security number when I was a baby.  It wasn't until I was taking my driving test at the age of 17 that I found out when looking at my birth certificate for the first time, that my name is actually spelled Lebreeska.  I was so shocked!  LOL  That's when I first researched the Hemphill's and found a few things about the group.  I love the fact that I have a story like this to tell about my name! I think Mrs. Hemphill is a beautiful woman and has an amazing voice that lifts up the name of our Savior and I am proud to share her name.  Just wanted to share with you my story.  May God continue to bless your family!  ~ L'Briska Robertson


Joel and Lebreeska Hemphill
                                                              The Hemphill's Home Page


No comments:

Post a Comment