Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A bunch of scaredy cats

I feel like Sophia on the Golden Girls about to tell a story...
Picture it. Middle of class. Door closed. Everyone in the classroom busy doing classwork.  I'm standing giving a lesson.  All of a sudden, a slight knock at the classroom door.  You could have heard a pin drop, everyone got so still.  Quickly, the thought ran through my mind, 'Did JR say anything about getting off early?' 'No, of course not.' Plus he would have busted right in to try and catch us goofing off or something.  Another knock, not just any knock, this little tiny eerie knock.  There was so much tension now that I almost laughed from being so scared.  Who in the world was knocking at the classroom door?!?  Next thought, how to not fall into the pond right outside the classroom window when we try to escape.  Then slowly, the door starts to open and before I could hurtle myself in front of my kids, there stands who else....but my rotten mother and my equally rotten nephew, Jayden.  A wave of relief swept over the kids and myself.  Then hilarity took over!  We laughed until our sides hurt.  I am not even kidding when I say, we were sitting in this classroom frozen like a bunch of scaredy cats.  I can't quit laughing, just thinking about it.  My mother of course, scolded me for leaving our back door unlocked.  I don't keep the house locked up 24/7 like Fort Knox like some I know and I still live back in old world times, when you could leave your windows open and your doors unlocked and not worry too much.  But this day, I really should be more aware of keeping the house more secure though, especially when we're home alone without JR.  So the kids are not the only ones who learned a lesson today!  LOL  

No comments:

Post a Comment