Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We've Been Playing Hooky for the Last Three Weeks =)

Received an automated call from the school yesterday telling me that my child needs her shot.  Ha.  Well, it occurred to me, that maybe I should call the school to make sure they have withdrawn my children from their files.  Well, lo and behold, our kids are still active and on record as being absent for the last three weeks.  =)  They say they haven't received a records request from the homeschool.  I say thank you and I'll get back with you.  Called Homelife and spoke with a nice gentleman who informed me that not only have they requested records, they have requested them twice.  The fax number they have is correct.  He kindly tells me that he will call them himself and make sure our childrens' records are withdrawn and transferred to Homelife right away.  I like them.  I really do.  Yay Homelife!! 
I had read this summer about a family that got harrassed by the truancy courts because of this very situation.  I wish they would show up at our door.  Would just love to mess with them.  "What are you talking about sir, we don't have any children."  LOL  It would be funny.  

1 comment:

  1. You know I was thinking to myself yesterday when you got that call about needing to get shots updated, I thought to myself " Man, I wonder if they still show her kids enrolled in the school, because if they were withdrawn you shouldn't even show up on a list of anything! I have not heard a peep outta any of my folks and I noticed on the mealpay (lunch) account website that my daughter is not even listed anymore which tells me she is not a student of the Rutherford County School System! Hope you get it all straightened out..... what a pain. Isn't it funny how on top of things they want YOU to be then they turn around and you cannot get them to do their jobs!! LOL Funny! Homeschooling is your right whether they like and/or agree with it or not and they should still handle record keeping in a timely manner regardless!

    ReplyDelete