Monday, August 9, 2010

First day officially in the books... =)

I still have the sound of Chase humming the tune to one of our favorite songs, Here I am to Worship by Jeremy Camp while the other three tell him in unison to be quiet, for they were trying to concentrate.  I just shook my head and smiled.  This reminds me that each one of our children learn in a completely different way...hence just one of many challenges that I am sure to face this year.  It doesn't frighten me...yet.  Ask me again in a couple of weeks and that might change.  LOL.  All in all, today was very good.  We worked in all subjects, therefore we went a bit over by about 2 hours. I feel like as time goes on, I may cut some lessons to two or three times a week instead of everyday, like Science and Soc. Studies.  Just have to get a feel of what works for us.  The kids did not mind that the day was long, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, alot.  I seen lots of smiles and laughing.  Something I rarely seen when discussing their day when they were in public schools just last year.  Well, maybe not with Zach, but he could get along with a grizzly bear.  He's such a sweetie.  Chase was whipping right through his work and kept interrupting me and saying, "Can I have something else to work on?"  Umm, well yes sir!  (In reviewing the blog post this evening, even after the day was well passed over, Chase comes up to me and says just now, "Can I work on something else?"  Now that's dedication! LOL) I knew he was going to be smart and is already advanced, so I feel like we might be bypassing 1st grade next year and going right into 2nd.  He gets that from his mommy.  ;) 
Branden and Zach making a journal entry
Their journal entry this morning was what do you want to be after you graduate.  Branden is going to play for the Titans, Zach is going to play for the Braves, Abby is going to be a veterinarian and Chase is going to be a teacher.  Dreams that we will continue to encourage them all to shoot for, even if they change over the years.  Looking forward to what tomorrow brings!  Now I must sign off and grade papers.     

No comments:

Post a Comment