Saturday, August 7, 2010

Introduction and my motivation for home education

Hello.  I am a stay at home mom.  Ever since our first child was born, I have worked outside the home and did for the first 10 years of our children's lives.  Since then, we have had 5 children, 4 of which I will be homeschooling beginning this year.  Our 5th child, Julian, was born too soon and didn't make it into this world. He will be watching over us from the right hand of God.  With the graciousness of my husband, Johnny, I am able to stay at home now and finally be with our children the way I have always desired.  My main motivation for home education is so I can incorporate the teachings of Christ into our lives.  Other reasons include; I no longer vaccinate, plus I want the children to have physical education each day, which public schools have practically erased from the daily curriculum of students.  (And they wonder why childhood obesity is a problem.)  Myself, along with our children will benefit from being active each day during our gym period, which intentionally, will be the longest period of the day.  I am looking forward to this new adventure with our family.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment along the way.  I am open to any suggestions.  I hope everyone enjoys following along my blog as we begin our journey down this road.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! You're children and your husband will rise up and call you blessed! Love you, your Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Leslie! I would not be able to do this without the love and support of my husband and the rest of our family. Hope you enjoy my blog!
    L'Briska

    ReplyDelete